Everything You Need to Know About Botox
About Botox Injection
So to use Botox or Botulinum toxin on the facial and neck area, an injection is used to inject the solution into the skin. Hence popularly its also known as botox injection. As discussed above the botox injection targets the area that has lines or wrinkles to reduce its appearance.
The charges of botox injection vary from $8 to $20 depending on the location and country. It also depends on how much the solution is diluted which means the clinic might not be using a full-strength Botox.
Botox Treatment Cost
Botox treatment cost varies from person to person and the number of botox shots that a person requires. Generally one botox injection shot could cost anywhere between $20 to $80 depending upon the country you are living in. The cost can be multiplied with the number of injections required for the treatment.
There also a cost varies depending upon the area on which the botox shots need to be operated. A small simpler area like forehead could cost less than an area like eyes. There are also the type of clinic that needs to be considered. A newly established clinic with relatively less experienced doctors might charge you less than a reputed clinic like Royal Lush where we have highly experienced doctors but the risk of the treatment going wrong is high in the new clinic.
How Does Botox Work?
Before undergoing botox treatment, it is important to make sure that you do not fall under the category of people who should not undergo a botox treatment. Below mentioned are the people who should not undergo Botox treatment as it could be risky.
- If you are allergic to any ingredients that are present in Botox
- If you have a skin infection
- If you have asthma or breathing disorder
- If you have bleeding issues
- Your forehead muscles are weak
- Your eyelids are drooping
The wrinkles are generally formed perpendicular to the facial muscle that contracts and are located directly beneath it. For example, when you raise your eyebrows you see horizontal lines forming on your forehead.
In the treatment, the botox is injected into the muscles, where it blocks the impulses of the nerve to the tissue. Because of this, the muscle activity is reduced which makes the skin look smooth. People who have facial lines even when they are relaxed will not get great results through botox. They should go for derma fillers. After injection, it takes about 10 minutes after which you can get discharged.
Also Read: How Does BOTOX Work?
Uses of Botox
Most of us are only aware of the use of botox treatment to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. But that is not the only usage of botox. They are used for a wide variety of medical conditions and below is the list of its usage.
- Lines that appear on the forehead that is called as frown lines or glabber lines
- Lines or wrinkles that appear around the eyes which are also known as crows feet
- Horizontal creases that appear on the forehead
- Lines that appear at the corners of the mouth
- Skin that appears on the chin called as cobblestone
- For reduction of dark circles (research has not proved to have any effect)
- To improve the appearance of hair (not proven in research)
Apart from these usages below mentioned are some of the medical conditions of muscles for which botox treatment can be used
- Eyelid spasms also called as blepharospasm
- Crossed eyes also called as strabismus
- Excess sweating also called as primary focal hyperhidrosis
- Neurological movement disorder also called as cervical dystonia
There are also some non-approved off- label usages of botox treatment mentioned below
- Raynaud syndrome
- Dishidrotic eczema
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Sialorrhea a condition in which the body produces excess saliva
- Achalasia a condition in which it is difficult to swallow
- Anismus a condition where there is a dysfunction of the anal muscle.
Once the botox shots have been administered, you get an immediate discharge and can go home or carry your regular work. The result of the botox starts to show in about two to four days but those are at a very minimum level. The result keeps improving after that until 2 weeks post botox operation. The maximum effect is seen from 10-14 days and that’s the maximum effect that will be achieved.
Benefits of Botox
One of the reasons why Botox is so popular is the fact that it gives you great results and lasts for a long time with few side effects. And getting rid of those wrinkles can work wonders for your personality as well as to your self-image and confidence. Below mentioned is the list of benefits of Botox treatments
- Reduce the excess sweating
- Reduce migraine pain
- Treats Bells palsy
- Stops eye twitching or squinting
- Treating the drooping brow
- Removes the wrinkles on the forehead
- Removes the wrinkles around eyes
- Removes the wrinkles on the neck
- Makes your skin smooth and flawless
- Makes you look younger
Also Read: 15 Amazing Benefits of Botox Injections
Risks and Side Effects
With any medical procedures, there are inherent risks and side effects. So botox treatment is no different. But to minimize the possibility of side effects it is also important to get the procedure done in a reputed clinic with experienced doctors. Below mentioned are the risks and side effects of botox treatment.
- Swelling and pain in the injected area
- Prolonged numbness in the injected area
- Paralysis like feeling in the operated area
- Symptoms similar to flu
- Eyelids droopings
So to summarize Botox is one of the magical solutions that can make the wrinkles vanish from your face and make you look young again but all this depends upon where you get the Botox treatment. You can achieve the best results when you do it in a reputed clinic with highly experienced doctors. Do you want to know more about the Botox treatment? We at Royal lush skin clinic are one of the most reputed skincare clinic with in house doctors have decades of experience in skincare treatment like Botox. Call us now on 9213753422 to know more about the procedure or you can also fill in the form with your information and one of representatives will call you.